Branch Library of Engineering
Gunma University Branch Library of Engineering
付：To outside users
- Using the Library
(2)Entry to the library
(3)Reading items inside the library
- Checking out and returning
(2)Item limits and loan periods
- Library equipment and item arrangement
(1)Using the library equipment /Group Study Room AV Corner Multimedia Room
(3)Material classification system
- Reference Service
- How to locate items
(1)Using a computer
- Using Other Libraries
(1)Going to other university libraries
(2)Obtaining photocopying of literature
- Requesting items purchases
For vacations,refer to spring,summer and winter vacations.See
library calender for details.
* from 9:00-17:00 on Sundays during test periods
（During the school year）Sundays,National holidays,year-end and new-year holidays,and
university entrance examination days
A notice will be posted before any temporary closings.
See the library schedule for this academic year.
２．Using the library
- To borrow an item from the library,you need to have a library card.If
you are a University student,use your student ID
as your library card, and if you are a faculty member or a staff member,use your staff ID.
- For other users including research students,a library card will be issued.Please
come to the library counter to apply.
- The library card can be used at other university libraries(the Main Library
and Branch Library of Medicine).
（２）Entry to the library
Outside users must fill in an Outside User Application Form
at the counter.
Please read For
Outside Users for details.
（３）Reading items inside the library
- The library holdings are all on open access.Help yourself to the items you
would like to read.
- Please be sure to return the items back to their original location in the
３．Checking out and returning
- Bring the items you wish to borrow along with your student ID,staff ID or
library card, to the counter.
- Please note that you are not to lend your ID or library card or the item
you borrowed from the library to someone else.
（２）Item limits and loan periods
※１ Including auditors, research students,and
|Faculty members and staff
|Honorary faculty members
5 (books only)
- Materials labeled ｢参考(reference)｣may
be borrowed for 3 days.
- Materials that are also labeled｢禁帯出(not to
be taken out)｣,however, may not be removed from the library.
- As a general rule, journals are not for circulation.They may only be read
inside the library.
- Monthly and weekly journals kept in the Brousing Corner
on the first floor may be checked out.(Only backnumbers)
Up to 3 journals for 7days.
Videotapes and cassettes
- Cassettes：All cassettes may be checked out.
- Videotapes：Only those tapes with cases labeled ｢貸出可(loanable)｣may
be checked out.
Othe videos may only be watched at the AV booth in the library.
Up to 5 items for 3 days.
- Return items to the counter during library hours.You do not need to present
- When the library is closed,you can put return items into the boot post next
to the front door.
Please do not put CD-ROMs,videotapes,and cassettes into
the book post as they are easily damaged.
- Users with overdue items are not allowed to check out other items until
all the overdue items have been returned.
- You may have to pay for the items you lose or damage.
- Books may be renewed once (14days).
To renew an item,bring it and your library card(student or staff ID)to the
counter before the due date.
- Materials on hold or overdue items cannot be renewed.
- When the items you wish to borrow has been checked out, you can reserve
an item by placing a hold on it.
The library will notify you when the item is returned.
- When there are other hold requests,the item will become available in order
of receipt of the request.
- To place a hold,ask at the counter.
４．Lbrary equipment and item arrangement
（１）Using the library equipment
Group Study Room
- The Group Study Room in the first floor is a space for group study or discussion.
It can be used freely without making a request.
- It may not be available when it is being used for a staff meeting.
- There are cassette and video booths at the west side of the reading room
on the second floor.
- Cassetts and videotapes for learning Japanese,English and various special
subjects are available for use
inside of the library at the side of the counter on the first floor.
- To use these items,please ask at the counter.Headphones will be handed out.
- The Multimedia Room on the second floor offers slide and OHP projector,a
large screen,and 50 chairs with memo tables.
The large screen can display a computer screen or video images and is useful
for training sessions and other purposes.
- To use this room,please ask at the counter.
- This is a service in which the library provides appropriate information
and advices to users searching particular items or making researches.
Please feel free to ask a librarian for assistance in locating items,making
bibliographical inquiries,how to utilize secondary resources ,etc.
The library holdings may be photocopied,one photocopy
per person,within the allowance of copyright laws(Article 31)if the purpose
is for academic research.
Click here Copyright
Research Information Center
- Two photocopy machines(a pay machine and a co-op card machine)are located
next to the Information Retrieval Corner on the first floor.
- To photocopy a library item,fill in a Photocopying Application
first and then proceed to make your copies.
- The pay photocopier can take 10-,50-,100-,and the new 500-yen coins as well
as 1000-yen bills,and it gives change.The library does not provide small change.
- Photocopying fee：10 yen a photocopy
- Card photocopying machines(black-and -white and color)are located on the
first floor and on the second floor(black-and-white only).
- Use the library Copy Card(Xerox) assigned to each laboratory or professor.
７．How to locate items
You can check to see if the Branch Library of Engineering carries the paticular
item you are looking for.
（１）Using a computer
Public Access Catalog）allows you to search almost all of the journals
owned by the Gunma University Libraries as well as books and audiovisual items
that were obtained in 1986 or later.
- The Search can be made by keyword,title,author,classification,publisher,published
- Computers used for your searches are located in the Information Retrieval
Corner on the first floor.
- If you are searching for old items (items obtained by the library in or
before 1986) and not able to find them online,you should try the card catalog.
- Both Japanese and foreign items are arranged by classification,title and
auther in alphabetical order.
8.Using items owned by other institutions 《for
University members only》
- When the university libraries do not carry an item you are looking for,the
library will borrow it for you from other university libraries,the National
Diet Library or the British Library(expense to be borne by the user).
- You may also personally go to the library that carries the item you wish
to read.In such a case,please ask at the counter since some libraries require
advance confirmation on the item to be used.
（１）Going to other univesity libraries
Libraries of national universities
- University faculty members,staff members and graduate students may use these
libraries by showing a staff or student ID.
- In some cases undergraduate students may need a letter of introduction(request
for use) issued by the university library.Please ask for details at the counter.
Libraries of public and private universities and other institutions
The library will issue a letter of introduction(request for use).Ask for details
at the counter.
（２）Obtaining photocopies of literature（private/univ.expense）
- For items not owned by the library,photocopies may be obtained from the
Main Library,Branch Library of Medicine, or other libraries.To make a request,fill
in and submit a Literature Photocopying Request at the counter.
- A request may also be made on On-Line
Photocopying Request page of this website, if you have applied
for the service.
- It usually takes 7 to 10 days for the photocopies to be delivered.Express
mail or faxing may also be requested.
- The cost for photocopying and delivery is to be borne by the requester.
- The library will inform the requester of the arrival of photocopies at an
extension number,and e-mail adress or any other means of contact provided
on the request form.The photocopies need to be picked up at the counter.
- The cost for photocopies on personal expenses must be paid when picking
||35 yen per page + postage
||Public and private universities
||As specified by each institution
||75 yen per page
|Main Library and Branch Library of Medicine
||20 yen per page
Photocopy Request Form（PDF)
expense Photocopy Request Form（ＰＤＦ）
Photocopy Request Form
- Materials not owned by the Branch Library of Engineering may be borrowed
from the Main Library and Branch Library of Medicine or the libraries of other
institutions. A request for borrow on inter-library loan may be made on the
Loan Request page on this website if you have applied for the service.
- The cost for delivery must be borne by the requester.
- A loan from other University libraries (the Main Library and Branch Library
of Medicine) does not require a delivery cost.
- The loan period is usually 1-2 weeks.To return an item,just bring it to
the counter at the Branch Library of Engineering.
９．Requesting item purchases 《for
University members only》
- The library takes requests for purchasing items necessary for your study
and academic research.To make a request,fill in and submit a Material Purchase
Request Form at the counter.
- Requests for expensive items (10,000 yen or more per item) may not be accepted.
- With budget limitations,not all requests may be accepted if one person submits